This fencing system is primarily used to reduce the noise from road traffic or high noise areas. Designed by Jacksons a market leading manufacturer the reflective acoustic system has been fully tested and certified to BS EN 1793 –
- Made from softwood & pressure treated for durability.
- Offers a sound reduction of up to: Reflective 28dB | Absorptive 32dB.
- Approximate Superficial Mass: Reflective 25kg/m² | Absorptive 33kg/m².
- Flat vertical surface (no horizontal rails) which make it difficult to climb.
- Can be installed on uneven & sloping ground.
- Matching pedestrian gates & driveway gates.
Reflective Acoustic Fencing
This barrier can offer up to a 28dB reduction in noise and comprises of unique timber ‘tuning fork’ design posts and 34mm thick acoustic boards featuring an interlocking “vee” coupled with a tongue & groove. This special profile has been carefully developed to locate the boards in such a way that eliminates gaps that sound will easily travel through. The acoustic fence can be installed at any height, fences from 2.1M up to 4.0M high are reinforced with a 60mm square section steel spur (galvanised & powder coated in black) attached to the back of the posts.
Absorptive Acoustic Barrier
An absorptive layer covered with an acoustic membrane secured with vertical half round battens is incorporated on one side of the reflective acoustic fence boards to further reduce noise by an average of 4dB. This is ideal in applications where the screen is to be used to form a compound around a noise source ie. air conditioning units & heat source pumps or to absorb a noise source from reflective surfaces such as a large building or a high fence.